I would like to say a quick prayer and thank LBLA for creating such innovative products, especially their adhesives and glue trays! The glue trays come in a pack of 5 and wait for it….THEY’RE ECOFRIENDLY!!! Have a number of these on deck while you are working and at the end of use, add a few drops of water into each glue dot to polymerize the adhesive. Make sure to cover the adhesive entirely with water. It will take about 30 minutes for it to polymerize and you will be able to peel it off with ease. Do not wait too long for it to set, otherwise it will completely solidify and will be difficult to peel off.
When cyanoacrylate (a key ingredient in all adhesives) comes in contact with any amount of water, even the water vapor in the air, it starts a reaction. Adding a drop of water to a drop of adhesive will rapidly react with more cyanoacrylate molecules, which will then create long, strong chains - this is called a “polymer” (you may know this as the ‘white stuff’ that forms on fresh adhesive when comes in contact with water). Therefore, it is extremely important to avoid getting the adhesive on the skin, eyes, and mouth because guess what? They all contain moisture! Moisture will rapidly set off a polymerization reaction. Water will also stop further fumes from forming. Once it is fully polymerized, you will notice that the polymerized adhesive will be at a semi-solid state (will look like a hard gummy).
I like to use the end of the mascara wand or anything stick-like item that will lift and peel the polymer off of the glue tray well. It should easily peel and pop off. I then soak a small amount of Acetone onto a cotton pad/ q-tip to clean off any residue. Follow up with a wash using antibacterial soap and warm water and dry completely. One glue tray is typically good for one client, so I recommend adding a drop of water to every glue well before getting a new drop of adhesive. By the end of the work day, the polymer will solidify and it will be a lot easier to peel off.
This method will ensure that you are using the least amount of Acetone possible. If you need to discard large amounts of Acetone, it must be taken to your local hazardous waste facility. Acetone is not to be poured down the drain because it can melt the plastic pipes and it is also not to be flushed down the toilet as it can contaminate the water system. Acetone is extremely flammable so make sure it is not close to any lighted candles and power outlets.
Not only are they reusable but you can use the edge of the well to fix the bases of your fan! You can easily attach your tray onto your tile with a sticky dot so it stays in place. Extra points for not directly inhaling the fumes like you would with a glue ring. The glue tray in conjunction with our Anti Allergy Gel is the perfect duo in preventing excessive fume inhalation for both you and your client. If you are dispensing glue on a surface that is attached to your client’s forehead, I’m going to ever-so-politely ask you to stop... for many health hazard reasons. In the best case scenario, you’ll have extra fumes right by your and your client’s face….worst case scenario, you can accidentally spill some of the adhesive directly on your client or yourself. Talk about high-risk!
Let’s keep it safe out there, guys - wishing you a safe, happy, and healthy lash journey!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Are you sure you want to leave lashboxla.com?